06 November 2017

Sad to leave. Happy to arrive.

Lev has enjoyed Kuala Lumpur. Patronas Towers in background.
Boxes are stacked haphazardly across the living room floor. Lev, our 6yo son is negotiating why a 5ft papier mâché Chinese dragon MUST be carefully shipped to California at all costs. 

The goodbye drinks are lined up in the calendar and the airplane tickets are bought. Big news: we move back a touch early as we are expecting a baby girl in January.



















The Dude surfs Sri Lanka

Two years have gone blazingly fast here in SE Asia and we depart with bittersweet feelings. I'm sad to leave, but happy to return, if that makes sense. I leave with a feeling of both personal and professional accomplishment.  
























Mama holds down the beach bar while the boys catch a few waves (Galle, Sri Lanka)
Our family has traveled extensively and with a passion bordering on fever. Lev's passport is packed with stamps that would make even the haughtiest gap year student feel a twang of envy. Most recently we visited Sri Lanka, where we managed to pack surfing, safari and beach time to everyone's satisfaction. 


Best way to the surf...Sri Lanka

The family suffers through another trip. Tioman Island, Malaysia

Lev and I venture through a village on Tioman Island, Malaysia
























Hanoi, Vietnam
Lev and Anya head to my parent's in Arizona this week and I set down in SFO at the end of the month. 

The future is uncertain for me in terms of work - no job is set, but I'm having a lot of conversations. Fortunately, I do have several months to settle the family, welcome a brand new Bucholz and make sure I find a job I'm really excited about. Maybe I can get some surf, ski and hike wedged in there somewhere.

All the best for a wonderful Thanksgiving and a happy and warm (heart, if not hands) holiday season. 

Nate

No comments: