18 May 2012

"Look at my f&%$ing red trousers!" edition





The cricket match. World class and stuff...but I had trousers to sight and beers to drink...

Beginning Thursday, I had an amazing two days. I watched cricket. I had gourmet food. I partied 'cricket style.' I even got a visit from my Google peeps from Seattle, Adam, Kelly    and Kristen. 
Lev had an ear-ache last week, which brought us to the emergency room as he had a 104F fever.
 After the antibiotics kicked in, he began to recover and is now a smiley, laughy perfection of a picture of baby. He's screaming in my ear at the moment, but I choose to ignore it for posterity. 

Thursday came along and I took out a client of mine, who lives in the area, to a local pub with a Michelin star. By 'local' I mean it's a block away. By 'Michelin star', check out my starter of rabbit schnitzel. Buh-dow. (photo below). 



 

I saw the man above, in all his jacketed glory, at the cricket match, which I'll describe below. I said, "sir, I'm American and I'd like to speak to a man that can wear a jacket such as yours." His response was something like, "Here at Lords, we have the last bastion of civilised sport, before it's taken over by 'louts with lagers.'" Readers of my blog, please note that I was drinking a lager at the time. A jab? Certainly. The jacket symbolizes the Marleybone cricket club

But back to the storyline! Friday brought even greater treats, as I was to join a couple of colleagues for a prestigious test match between the West Indies and England. Yes, I was rocking the cricket. This is where I encountered the colorfully jacketed gentleman above. Now, I don't mean to disparage Cricket, but it's hard to pay full attention to every moment. Let me paint it for you like this: it's a baseball game, except it lasts for FIVE DAYS. Yes, five days. So, I enjoyed the first bit and then we headed out for a boozy lunch and then I found my true calling. 

Ladies and gents, I welcome you to very special "Look at my f&%$ing red trousers" edition of the Bucholz blog. Inspired by the original blog of the same name, as any anthropologist would do, I interviewed my colleagues as to why people would wear red trousers anywhere, especially in public. My best hypothesis is that it is something done by posh (well to do) Brits to show that they are a bit quirky and "not like the rest of those chavs." I still think no man should wear red trowsers. 

Because the cricket was...a bit slow...I embarked on a scavenger hunt to photograph the man with the red trowsers in the wild. Well, at Lords cricket ground, anyway. Here is my day's work: 


In case you wondered, this is a Michelin star pub starter.

In the queue: trousers sighted!
Let's call him "king trowser" 

Dude. 
Really?
Sir, your trousers are Red. 
Add caption




BOOM! I see you and your red trousers. 


All the kids are wearing red trousers these days. 



My Coup de tat: a DOUBLE RED TROWSER. Now I know how Dian Fossey feels. 

A rare "trouser child" sighted














1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude... impressive post. Well-written, yet supported with an unbelievable amount of photographic evidence. :)